Peterborough Audiology

Peterborough Audiology
Click on logo for contact information

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

How Hearing Loss Is Good for The Health Of Wild Turkeys

 The motivation to do something about ones hearing can be different for everyone. One of my patients told me a funny story regarding his moment of realization that I thought I would share.
This particular man is an avid hunter enjoying all kinds of hunting. On this particular occasion I believe he was bow hunting. One of the things he really likes about hunting is being out I the woods by himself enjoying nature. This particular year he was in his regular tree stand and noticed that the woods seemed devoid of any kind of animal life, no squirrels running around, no birds in the tree, and certainly no turkeys to shoot.

When this man got home his wife and daughter both finally asked him what the loud beeping sound was that seemed to be following him around. Apparently what had happened was that his watch alarm had gone off emitting a high pitched beeping that he was unable to hear but that all the woodland creatures heard very well and avoided leaving hi sitting in his tree stand with no company.
When he told me this story and told me it was the final straw in recognizing that he may have a hearing problem he had me laughing out loud especially since he was telling it a s a humorous story. The happy ending to the story is that he got his hearing aids and wild turkeys are no longer safe

No comments:

Post a Comment